5.3.0 Release Announcement
Hello Open GEE Community!
We are happy to announce the official release of Open GEE 5.3.0! This release updates Open GEE with minor enhancements and bug fixes for GEE Fusion and Server.
Performance and memory enhancements:
- The ability to control the XML cache size. The size can be modified by configuring the INIT_HEAP_SIZE, MAX_HEAP_SIZE, and BLOCK_SIZE settings in /etc/opt/google/XMLparams. This file must be created manually. View the Configure Fusion performance document for more details.
- The capability of purging periodically the XML cache. This can be done by configuring the PURGE and PURGE_LEVEL settings in /etc/opt/google/XMLparams. This file must be created manually. The details are explained in the Configure Fusion performance document.
- Improvement of system manager performance for large builds. This release eliminates some duplicate processing in system manager, which reduces the amount of time it takes to initiate large builds.
Build and install enhancements:
- Option to pass long_version parameter to the SCons OpenGEE build. This enables one to override the long version string.
- Options to the Server install script. The server install script now checks the size of the publish root and allows the user to set custom user and group names.
Third party libraries upgrades:
- Upgraded OpenJPEG 2000 library to latest version: 2.3.1. This upgrade brings multiple bugs fixes and improvements.
Our thanks go out to all of the contributors who helped make this release possible! The next release, Open GEE 5.3.1, is already in progress!
–Open GEE Development Team